The Adventurer Club is a church-sponsored ministry for children ages 3-9. Through the Adventurer Club, children get to know Jesus through activities that develop character and social skills. Some of the activities include age-appropriate bible study, arts and craft, community services activities, nature exploration, field trips and more.
The Adventurer ministry exists to assist parents in their important job as their child's primary teacher and evangelizer. Therefore, we see our mission to help strengthen the parent/child relationship while assisting the child in developing spiritual, physical, mental and social areas of their lives. Our job is to provide a ministry that will help them form right habits, motives, attitudes and develop into a happy, mature child.
It is our desire to help fulfill Proverbs 22:6 which says, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it”.
- To help children gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- To help children acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- To help children commit their hearts and lives to Jesus at their own level.
- To help parents/guardians become willing to play an active part in the lives of the children; participate in all club activities.
- To make the Adventurer club more community friendly
- To invite non-Adventist families to join our club
A. To create a fun atmosphere where our children can:
- Develop a Christ-like character
- Experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well
- Express their love for Jesus in a natural way
- Learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others
- Discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others
- Improve their understanding of what makes families strong
B. To provide learning materials and activities for parents/guardians:
- That will assist them in helping their children successfully complete the Adventurer curriculum
- That will encourage them to fulfill Proverbs 22:6
- That are community friendly, and provide an atmosphere where non-Adventist families feel at home with us.